Hello everyone, don’t you know that various methods have been introduced to make the EPF online payment. It’s quite important for everyone who invests their salary in the Employee Fund Organisation (EPFO). Regular checking of EPF online transfer helps the employee to make an estimation of the retirement benefit which will be provided for him/her. We all know the general fact that EPF India is an organisation which has been introduced in the year 1952 to help the employee save their salary(at a percentage of 12.5)wherein both employers as well the employee generate funds. The EPF contribution made by the employer for the EPF organisation is tax-free whereas EPF contribution made by the employee can be claimed as a deduction under section 80 of the Income tax rules. Without doing further late let us get into the details and learn how to make EPF online payment and its detailed process step by step.
Benefits of making EPF online payment:
- Just through a single click the EPF online transfer of amount can be made
- Every employee will be provided with a UAN wherein the employee can easily access EPF online login and check the EPF contribution so far made.
- The EPF contribution made by the employer can be easily stated, and thereby employee may question the employer if he/her have not made regular payment through the EPF online balance check.
- The EPF amount paid along with the instant online transfer of EPF amount will be included where easily.
EPF online transfer process:
Detailed step by step procedure of how to make an online EPF payment has been explained below.
- First EPF online login is to be done in the official website of EPF India.
- Choose the section titled “Online transfer claim portal”.
- Check eligibility – are you eligible for EPF online transfer? In certain cases, a physical copy of Form 13 should be submitted to the previous or current employer.
- Log in with the necessary details. For this, a member ID is required, and an employer should be registered on the EPFO portal.
- Choose the “request for transfer of funds” tab under the claims section
- Fill Form 13 with details including PF numbers from both previous and current organisation. Details will appear on the screen on pressing the “click here to get details” option.
- Verify details like date of joining/leaving work, father/spouse’s name to ensure that amount will be transferred to the right account.
- Choose between getting the EPF online payment attested by the current or previous employer.
- Choose the tab which says “Get Pin” and agrees to the terms in the declaration.
- A PIN will be sent to the registered mobile number, and the application will be submitted.
- A tracking ID will be generated. This can be used to keep track of EPF online balance check process.
- One needs to take the printout of the form and sign it. This form needs to be submitted to the employer within 15 days of obtaining it.
- Contact details of authorised signatories will be displayed. These details should be taken down for future reference.
- The previous and present employer will verify the details mentioned in the form.
- Approval of both the employers is needed before funds are credited to the account number.
- An employer is expected to verify authenticity and signature of employee.
- Select a bank where in you can easily pay your EPF contribution.
- Either you can advise the bank to transfer EPF amount regularly else you may directly pay the EPF amount.
Check EPF claim status:
As stated earlier through the EPF online login one can get updated with the EPF claim status regularly. The procedure of how to access EPF online balance check is explained here in below.
- Enter the EPFO website the official link has been provided above.
- Find servicesàEmployee services.
- Click on ‘Know Your EPF Claim Status’ under the ‘Services’ section.
- A new page will be opened where you select the state of PF office.
- In the next page, you will see a list of EPFO offices in the selected city.
- Select the EPF India office where the claim is to be settled from a drop down menu.
- Once you have selected the relevant office, the Office Code and Region Code sections are to be filled automatically with relevant data.
- Next, you need to type in the establishment code of your employer in the 3rd box. This code is a maximum seven digits.
- If there is any extension or sub-code for the establishment code, you need to fill it in the 4th box. If there is no extension or sub-code, you can leave the field blank without entering any data.
- Next, fill in your EPF account number which is a maximum of 7 digits long in the 5th box.
- Click on submit button.
- You can now view your EPF claim status generate through the details provided by you.
EPF online payment bank list:
Through the list of banks given below EPF online transfer can be made very easily.
- Axis Bank.
- Bank of Baroda.
- Bank of Maharashtra.
- Canara bank.
- City union bank.
- Cosmos bank.
- Federal bank.
- HDFC Bank Limited.
- ICICI Bank Limited.
- Indian overseas bank.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
- Karur Vysya Bank.
- Kotak bank.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
- Oriental bank of commerce.
- Punjab and Maharashtra Corporation bank.
- Punjab and Sindh Bank.
- South Indian Bank Limited.
- State Bank of India.
- State Bank of Mysore.
- Allahabad bank.
- State Bank of Travancore.
- Andhra Bank.
- The Central Bank of India.
- Dena bank.
- IDBI bank.
- ING Vysya bank.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank.
- YES Bank.
- Standard Chartered bank.
EPF member can register for any of the banks listed above and make the EPF online payment regularly without any delay.
EPF online balance check:
After making online EPF payment it is also important to check the EPF contribution amount available for the employee. Various methods have been implemented for checking the EPF balance online which is listed herein below.
- Through EPF employee login option available in the official website of EPFO.
- Through UAN member portal login.
- Via SMS facility.
- By leaving a missed call to toll-free number
- Through EPF mobile app from your registered mobile number.
For more details regarding methods to check the EPF balance online easily link on the link provided below.
Click here: Methods to check EPF balance online.