UAN member portal: UAN is required for any employee because, all the Employee Provident Fund Organization services are linked with the UAN number. With the advancement in technology there are many new features added for the benefit of employees in the UAN member portal. Hence every employee must get access to UAN member portal as early as possible.
UAN Member portal login and registration:
In this article we are going to discuss in depth regarding each and every particular related to UAN. If you are a new employee, you can go through the basic topics mentioned in this article and take step by step action as mentioned below in this article. We are going to discuss about what is UAN?, how to register for UAN member portal, how to check your UAN status and finally about benefits of having access to UAN member portal login.
What is UAN?
UAN stands for Unique Account Number.This is a 12 digit number which is alloted to the employees making EPF contribution. This UAN member portal would act as an Umbrella for multiple Member ID’s under the single identity called Unique Account Number. One of the unique features of UAN is that, it remains same throughout the employee’s service period. It does not change with the change in jobs of an employee.The main reason behind the new features in UAN member portal is to capture the KYC details of the employees and improve the quality of service provided to them.As mentioned before, if you are an employee who changed your job recently, then just submit your UAN details to the new employer. He will take care of your details on UAN member portal.
UAN allotment | UAN member portal:
- Generally, EPFO takes care of UAN allotment to each and every employee and then the employee can access all the facilities from UAN member portal.If you are a new employee (means if you are doing job for the first time) your employer takes care of getting your access to UAN member portal.He appeals to the EPFO to generate UAN number for new employee.
- Once EPFO provides you with member ID, you can access the UAN member portal and also, your employer can deposit money in your EPF balance account.
- If you already have UAN number,then your employer would ask the EPFO to generate a new member ID and link it to the existing UAN account. Then you can access the UAN member portal with your new member ID.
- Once your employer recieves the new member ID from EPFO,then you need to provide the Know your customer papers to your employer and take the UAN details from your employer.Only then you can access the UAN member portal.
- Your employee will then update your “know your customer” details on EPFO website.
How to register on UAN member portal?
Once you recieve your UAN details from your employer login on the EPFO website (epfoservice.in), there you can find an option for “UAN based registration”click on that option and enter your personal details like mobile number, your UAN number and your member ID.Then, you would recieve a pin on your mobile number entered on the UAN member portal. After the UAN details are filled and you enter the PIN recieved on your mobile click on the “submit” button.Then you can on UAN member portal that,your credentials have been verified.
In the next screen you are allowed to create your UAN login details (create password) on the UAN member portal.Once you create the UAN login details, you can avail all the benefits from the UAN member portal.
In case you forgot UAN number you can still restore it back by following certain procedures.
Facilities one can avail on UAN member portal:
Download EPF passbook on UAN member portal:
To download the EPF passbook, you need to login on the UAN member portal with your generated ID and password.For this first you need to do the UAN activation.Once you login in the UAN member portal,there you can find an option “Download” in the menu. Click on the “Download” section and you can find “download passbook” option.Now you can see the EPF passbook on your screen.There is an option to download the EPF passbook on the top right corner of the screen.
Download UAN card:
Employees can download their UAN card from the UAN member portal.As mentioned above,you need to first login with your UAN login credentials.Later you have to go to option called “Download” in the menu.Then select an option called “download UAN card”.You can download the pdf version of the UAN card from the UAN member portal and take a print out of it for future use.
Previous member ID’s listing:
You can list your previous member ID’s through UAN member portal.The benefit of listing your previous member ID’s at one place is that you can check all your EPF accounts details at one place without lot of struggle.If your previous UAN number is same then the previous member ID of PF gets listed itself.
Update know your customer details through UAN member portal:
You can update the KYC details through UAN member portal by simply accessing your profile menu and checking in the option “update your KYC information”.Once you access the “update your KYC information” on the UAN member portal then, you need to upload the scanned document of size less than 300KB.Once,the scanned document is uploaded, your employer has to approve your KYC,which can be done digitally.Till the employer approves your KYC, the status of your KYC would be shown as pending in the UAN member portal.You can update the following documents on UAN member portal:Aadhar card, permanent account number (PAN), Bank account Number, Passport, Driving License, Election card, Ration card, ESIC card etc.,
The benefits of updating or linking up Aadhar card with your UAN member portal are that, you can upload all your epf claims to the EPFO directly without any signature of your employer.Secondly, you need not go to your employer for EPF claims attestation.Thirdly,you can submit online for all the EPFO services you would like to avail.
Change of contact and email details on UAN member portal:
You can change your mobile number and email ID details on the UAN member portal.The only thing required for that is,you need to have UAN activated before you get your UAN login details.
Benefits of UAN member portal:
- With the advancements in technology the EPF transfer and withdrawals are taking much lesser time through UAN member portal.
- As mentioned above, you need not depend on your employer for your EPF transfer claims and other issues related to EPF.You can directly submit all your EPF claims on the UAN member portal without waiting for your employer attestation.
- You can view the details of all your Employee Provident Fund account details at one place.
- Once you have done linking all your information on the UAN member portal, you can recieve monthly SMS of your EPF balance on your registered mobile phone number.
- Transfer of your Provision Fund accumulation would be done directly within near future.Employees need not claim for transfer of their PF funds in future as they are doing now.As of now, employees need not seek their employers approval like before,to transfer their PF balance from their old account to new account.This is because,employees have already submitted their KYC details on the UAN member portal.
Suggested Articles :
- 7 Different Ways to Check EPF Balance Status
- UAN Activation:Universal Account Number Registration and Benefits
- Importance of EPF Contribution and Benefits
- UAN Member Portal Login:UAN Activation via Mobile App